#CEDIA14 will see the return of the jam session and other popular events
INDIANAPOLIS (May 15, 2014) — The Custom Electronic Design and Installation Association has announced the special events line up for CEDIA EXPO 2014. In addition to the wide array of training to take and exhibitors to visit, CEDIA EXPO also offers a full schedule of events that provide an opportunity for attendees to learn, network, and just have fun. Home technology professionals looking for an 360 community engagement experience that goes beyond the show floor can find it at CEDIA EXPO.
“We’ve listened to attendee feedback regarding special events at the show, and we have designed an experience that brings together some of the favorite features of CEDIA EXPO over the years,” said Debbie Antrim, Senior Director of Tradeshows and Events.
The special events lineup includes:
- First Time Attendee Orientation – 4:15 p.m. – 5:15 p.m. Wed, Sept. 10 – The First Time Attendee Orientation was introduced at CEDIA EXPO last year as a way to familiarize and prepare new attendees to take advantage of every aspect of CEDIA EXPO as well as engage in networking with industry professionals early. Participants engage with both CEDIA staff, volunteers and CEDIA Board Members as they learn what to expect and how to be maximize their show experience.
- Opening Keynote – 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Wed, Sept. 10 – Colorado Convention Center. Sony Electronics COO & President Mike Fasulo will share his insights on the industry.
- Welcome Reception/Jam Session – 6:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. Wed, Sept. 10 – Colorado Convention Center. This year’s Welcome Reception will bring back the popular Jam Session as a showcase for the musical talent of CEDIA EXPO attendees.
- CEDIA EXPO After Hours Party – 6:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. – Thurs, Sept. 11 – Colorado Convention Center. After a busy first day at the show, attendees are invited to unwind with drinks, traditional bar food, and to battle it out with dueling piano entertainment.
- Manufacturer Rep Reception – 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. – Thurs, Sept. 11 – Peaks Lounge, Hyatt Regency. Open exclusively to manufacturer representatives, this event provides an opportunity to mingle with IPRO and CEDIA staff. During the reception, CEDIA will present the 2014 Representative of the Year award to one outstanding manufacturer representative.
- CEDIA Training Keynote – 8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. Fri, Sept. 12 – Colorado Convention Center – CompTIA CEO & President, Todd Thibodeaux will share his insights on Cybersecurity Trends and how integrators can work with IT solution providers to offer a larger suite of tech services to their clients.
- Latin America Social – 2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. – Fri, Sept. 12 – Lobby D, Colorado Convention Center. CEDIA Latin American members are invited to attend the Latin America Social, to network with peers, check in and see how others from the region are doing, and get a brief check-up on CEDIA and to see what’s ahead for CEDIA members in Latin America.
- Volunteer Reception – 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. – Fri, Sept. 12 – Cottonwood Ballroom, Four Season’s Hotel. This reception is a thank you for all of the hard work and sacrifices of CEDIA volunteers. The Volunteer Reception is also where the CEDIA volunteer awards will be presented.
- CEDIA Electronic Lifestyles® Awards Celebration – 6:30 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. Sat., Sept. 13 – Capitol Ballroom Hyatt Regency. Attendees won’t want to miss this year’s Fire & Ice themed bash and the unveiling of this year’s Electronic Lifestyles® Award Winners.
“Our goal is to create a well-rounded CEDIA EXPO experience for our attendees by providing opportunities to learn and grow as well as network and unwind,” said Antrim. “A majority of these events are free; attendees just need to be sure to select the events they want to attend when registering as space is limited.”
CEDIA EXPO 2014 will be held at the Colorado Convention Center Sept. 10-13, show floor open Sept. 11-13. Registration for CEDIA EXPO will open on June 4 at www.cedia.net/expo.